Use of std::type_index in HistogramBase
std::type_index is used in HistogramBase, this makes it difficult to transfer to a different process.
The main use is to decide in an analysis algorithm if a particular histogram has been generated by the appropriate histogrammer (eg OccupancyAnalysis processes OccupancyMaps rather than L1IDs).
So, what should the representation be instead? Some options:
- String (name of class that generated it)
- Some enum of particular types
- Defined by the scanConsole:
- OccupancyMap provides a token for the type it makes which is then used to notify OccupancyAnalysis of what to expect
- Some other method
- Split the stream generated by Histogrammer, so the stream from OccupancyMap can be connected directly to OccupancyAnalysis