Configuration for Stars
Currently, prototype in default_star.json (in the Stars branch).
For testing, we need to modify StarCfg and verify each (sub-)register can be written individually and correctly.
Things that need to be decided:
- Whether to use direct register values in the configruation file (vs what the user might be interested in)
- How to do inter ABC/HCC dependency links (eg latency vs BCID offset)
- Whether to have an array of ABCs with parameters, or a dictionary of parameters with list of values for each ABC
- Use defaults? eg file could contain top-level configuration of most parameters with per ABC overrides
- Or only for parameters that are constant for all ABCs
- How to name things
- There are various IDs within a hybrid that can be different
- Calibration data:
- Threshold calibration (DAC counts to threshold in mV)
- Response curve from mV (threshold) to fC (median charge)
- Other ADC calibrations (temperature etc)
(to be continued...)