Script for handling commits
Currently there is no check in the CI for files that should not be added to a commit (e.g. log files other than log.generate).
I suppose we should implement such a check but we need a list of all supported files:
- jO: mcXX.*.py
- directories containing common includes - how would these be named?
- is it possible to have include python files not in directories? Is it ok to allow all
As discussed in !7 (merged) this can be handled in a script that would automatise the commit procedure. The script should make sure to:
log.generateis in every new DSID directory that the user wants to commit
Extract necessary information and put it into
run_athena.txtwhich then gets
git added to the commit
extract other files that have to be
git added to the commit (and ask user for verification)
- create a new branch and push it to the repository
add option to create
log.generate.shortonly and print git commands as instructions without executing them
- handle case when branch already exists
- do not commit if logParser fails
- do not commit when running time for athena is > 1 h (#13 (closed))
@fsiegert what do you think?