Updated the build scripts to use the
-x arguments more consistently. As we found in ATLINFR-3221, unfortunately there were a lot of inconsistencies with this command line argument.
Note that I did not update every single script.
AthDataQuality/build_externals.shdoesn't actually build anything, it only checks out some code. So a
-xargument would be meaningless for this script.
- I didn't touch the
AnalysisTopfiles, as hopefully that project will not exist by the time that we get to Run-3, so I don't want to spend any effort on it in this branch.
At the same time made some unrelated fixes/cleanups as well. Note however that the scripts are not all consistent even after this update. Much of this is just a personal dislike for some of the formalism used in the
Athena project. So I don't want to copy that formalism to the other projects.
Athena, which Oleg worked on quite a bit a while ago.
As stated in ATLINFR-3221, we need this update before we could start the Python 3 nightlies...