The last time this was done was with !20786 (merged) in February. We really ought to do it more often, besides numerous updates in 21.2 there was a fair number of updates in master as well, which created a fair number of conflicts and made the whole cherry-pick fairly messy. It also didn't help that there were a number of commits that straddled across many unrelated packages at once.
Absolutely not sure if this will work as is. Particularly for the stand-alone/package-level message streams there were some updates in master for thread-safety that I hopefully (sort of) preserved. Unfortunately there was a conflicting development in 21.2 that I didn't just want to wipe out. At some point that could probably use some further cleanup, but for now I just hope to cherry-pick all the changes and move them over.
Once this is done, the goal would be to cherry-pick/move over the changes to PhysicsAnalysis/D3PDTools, in particular to get access to the
AnaAlgorithm class in master, which is meant to replace the
AthAnalysisAlgorithm class which has a number of issues.
I also updated all users of
ASGTOOL_STANDALONE to use
XAOD_STANDALONE instead, und removed the header file
AsgToolsConf.h in which those two macros were defined. I encountered some problems in which some files were no longer compiling correctly, because they were depending on the macros defined in that header file, but didn't actually include that header file. I could have gone through and made sure I include it everywhere it's used, but since it was slated for removal anyways, it seemed more reasonable to remove it now.
List of cherry-picked commits:
- 050fa11f allow ToolStore to find tools that have "ToolSvc." prefix
- 8c45c5ed fix compiler warning
- a6803124 add support for passing std::unique_ptr into SgTEvent::record
- cb598e48 swap which implementation of SgTEvent::record layers on which
- 94ec790b add a smart-pointer version of SgTEventMeta::record
- 550dfe75 Made sure that ATH_CHECK(...) would always be defined in Athena builds.
- 9c16e7a9 Adding some trivial updates to remove GCC 8 warnings.
- f4111b50 Removed the GCC 8 warnings from AnaToolHandle.
- 9fe14753 Removed the default: clauses that were unnecessary after all.
- 6df16961 add AsgMessagingForward class
- 39abf7ef change error code reported by main() to match grid error code
- ad3db0e2 make a new package AsgMessaging
- 50024b46 make forwarding header files for all header files from AsgMessaging
- 9b39836b add extra includes for backwards compatibility
- 8f565aef move message helpers for AsgTools back to that package
- c58d57d9 remove test no longer present
- c7a5ec4d fix cmake error
- 19c7246d add missing Athena dependency
- 4babbf7a add a missing include
- ead75397 add a missing include
- a33f6b28 blanket replace update/fix all copyright statements
- 785e13da update conditional compilation to use XAOD_STANDALONE
- 181234bb merge dictionaries, clean up CMakeLists.txt files
- ad74bae0 remove unneeded ART configuration file
- 899a4840 remove duplicate AsgMessaging dictionary entry
- 98151095 add some more copyrights
- e56a02ad remove AsgToolsConf.h from IAsgTool.h
- 4ae60392 add missing forward declaration
- f89eb386 change names reported in messaging
- 4c60208f fix test for change in message stream name
- 6147319f provide setPackageMsgLevel and printAllPackageMsgLevels functions
- 065c78bc add missing includes
- 7cb4bb1e fix function naming problem
- 695572e5 turn stand-alone functions to static member functions
- b0f0def4 switch file-level to function-level statics