This MR includes various fixes and improvements developed for and during the MWGR3 and during the unavailability of the GE1/1 integration setup in b904. Namely,
- Go to the "Error" state when an exception is thrown during a scan point transition (but do not stop the run)
- Leave the user the possibility to power-cycle the links whose GBT unlock during the "Configure" transition
- Always use the initial OptoHybrid mask from the XML:
- The code was previously using the OptoHybrid mask from the last iteration, which may or may not correspond to the XML option when the "auto-kill" mode is enabled
- Set the correct CPT7 MGT polarity for GE2/1
- Clean-up the XML configuration options
- Improve the error reporting:
- Forward only the non-empty error messages to the function manager
- Add more GBT lock checks while establishing the communication with the front-end
- Clarify the error messages
- Various bug fixing:
- Count the OH from 0 in the monitoring suite web interface
- Use the Boost version provided by Cactus/IPBus instead of the system version (otherwise two incompatible Boost versions are loaded)
- Fix an incorrect move semantic during the hardware layout tree loading
- Use the new AMC13 hostname in the example configuration file:
- Needed due to the re-installation of the GE1/1 integration setup
How Has This Been Tested?
The code compiles, the tests pass, and it is still possible to take runs.
Types of changes
Bug fix (non-breaking change which fixes an issue)
New feature (non-breaking change which adds functionality)
Breaking change (fix or feature that would cause existing functionality to change)
My code follows the code style of this project.
My change requires a change to the documentation.
I have updated the documentation accordingly.
I have read the CONTRIBUTING document.
I have added tests to cover my changes.
All new and existing tests passed.