Skip to content

Require per-lib headers in FindxDAQ.cmake

Louis Moureaux requested to merge bugfix/require-xdaq-includes into develop


As described in the commit message:

Previously, FindxDAQ would be happy with only the headers for the first
requested components (setting xDAQ_INCLUDE_DIRS and not checking it
again). This behaviour is not correct in case the headers are missing
for one library. This patch changes FindxDAQ to first search for
per-library include directories, then merge them in xDAQ_INCLUDE_DIRS.

As a side effect, the xDAQ_HTML_ROOT variable (that used to be set based
on xDAQ_INCLUDE_DIRS, relying on it containing only one path) is now set
based on xDAQ_xgi_INCLUDE_DIR. It is now set only if the xgi component
is requested.

Since the xDAQ version is actually the xcept version, xcept is now
always required.

Related Issue

#30 (closed)

How Has This Been Tested?

  • The tested xcept header was changed to something that doesn't exist -> configure failed with helpful error message.
  • Configure and build were tested with the correct header name

Types of changes

  • Bug fix (non-breaking change which fixes an issue)
  • New feature (non-breaking change which adds functionality)
  • Breaking change (fix or feature that would cause existing functionality to change)

(Breaks the FindxDAQ API when xgi isn't requested)


  • My code follows the code style of this project.
  • My change requires a change to the documentation.
  • I have updated the documentation accordingly.
  • I have read the CONTRIBUTING document.
  • I have added tests to cover my changes.
  • All new and existing tests passed.

Merge request reports