Merged requested to merge decianm-PrVeloUTImprovements into master
Improvements (mostly speed) to
- Get rid of the tool, do everything directly in
- Cache look-up table for tolerances locally, instead of accessing the tool for every track. Still need to do the same for the Bdl table.
- Avoid using a
std::vectorin the clustering stage, as it just creates unnecessary overhead
- Introduce a minimum momentum cut of 1500MeV. More detailed checks needed for possible efficiency loss
- Speed up hit search by precalculating some quantities.
- Don't split hits in top and bottom anymore, gain was not worth the savings in time.
- Also contains a (prototype) version of the method that creates the output tracks, as most of the time is spent in the method that writes out the
LHCb::Trackin keyed containers. In principle only
LHCbIDsare needed from VeloUT