ok I need a new MR because I made a mess with the branch I was using for !52702 (closed)
wrt to the previous MR I added an expert option to the tool to avoid crashes when run2/run3 geometry is not properly configured, allowing for understanding it on the fly. Not super-nice but we need this in asap.
I copy here for reference the description from the previous MR.
This MR will
- adds a IsRun3Geo property to the tool (default false). There is a sanity check that the runnumber is actually compatible with the chosen option.
- adds ExcludeNSWFromPrecisionLayers property for the tool (default true). If true and in run3, it reduces the numberOfPrecisionLayers of the muon by 1 for muons with |eta|>1.05 with at least one hit in the inner station, which of course affects which muons pass the cuts on this quantity for the different WPs.
- for run3, only allows usage of Medium/Loose/HighPt WPs if not in expert mode. HighPt will only accept muons in the barrel, if not in expert mode.
- rejects SA and SAF muons for run3 if not in expert mode.
- disables ad-hoc code for CSCs for run3.
- temporary comments out BMG veto for highPt muons, since this regions should have better alignment in r22 (to be tested)
- adds some WARNINGs in the first event in case there are problems in reading the randomRunNumber from the PRW tool
- adds a couple of fatal + relative exceptions in cases the data period cannot be correctly identified
- updates the MuonSelectorToolsTester to identify if running on run2 or run3 and configures the tools accordingly